Advocacy at the African Union
The Coalition conducts advocacy and lobbying on key issues relating to the African Court at the African Union and at country level.
Key areas of engagement include the nominations process, monitoring the enforcement of judgments, aspects relating to the functioning of the Court, universal ratification of the protocol establishing the African Court, ensuring greater access for individuals and NGOs to the African Court and the creation of the African Court of Justice and Human Rights.
Written submissions, attending AU Summits and the sessions of the African Court and the African Commission, attending AU meetings relating to the African Court of Justice and Human Rights and engaging with governments are some of the strategies adopted.
- 19th AU Summit to focus on Intra-African trade
- 19th AU Summit to discuss President's Report of Activity
- Implications of African Court to have jurisdiction on international crimes
- The African Court of Justice and Human Rights
- The AU Peace and Security Council on the uprising in North Africa
- African Union Summits
- International Criminal Justice in Africa
- Other submissions to the African Union
- Ratification Status: Protocol on the Statute of the African Court of Justice and Human Rights